Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my first oil change in a 2005 Prius. Didn't want to pay the $90 the dealer was asking for the service, so went to an oil change place. One problem, how do I turn off the "MAINT REQD" light on the control panel? The manual says it's an indicator that an oil change is needed, but now that I've done it, I'd like to shut it off. Any thoughts? Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My light has come on but, I have only driven 3,000 miles since the last oil change according to the little stickie that was on the car when I bought it. Shouldn't it come on at 4,500 after the oil change???

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
It will start blinking 4500 from its last reset. It seems the last people to do the change did not reset it, but it had been reset 1500 prior to the last oil change. Was the light blinking or steady when you went for your change? If not, they may not have thought to reset it.

I mistakenly hit my reset when I was trying to cancel the reverse beep.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
pauline said:
Once again, just want to say that I love this site! :p
And it loves you right back. :wink:

·
Registered
73 Posts
mrv said:
Page 122-123 of the US 2004 Prius Owner's Manual (Section 2-5 "Operation
of Instruments and Controls: Gauges, Meters and Service Reminder
Indicators", item (j) in the "Service reminder indicators and warning
buzzers" section.
Yes it's on page 122 for the buzzers, but page 130 is the actual information on how to do it

·
Registered
28 Posts
wow..slow down a minute...do we have that light on the European models? I'm afraid I will have to postpone the 30.000 km check with an extra 2/3000 km as I'm busy as hell.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Andyvegas said:
wow..slow down a minute...do we have that light on the European models?
I don't believe so. Canadian models don't have it either. And since your intervals are longer, for whatever reason, wouldn't make sense to have a maint light come on every 5K miles.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
They could easily have the interval configurable and set to the appropriate value for the market that the car is built for.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have a question....

Can you reset the light BEFORE it comes on.

I have had my 07 for 5 months now but it only has 1,100 miles on it. I plan on changing the oil next month before I make my yearly drive up to Mass and back. I don't want the light to come on mid trip. If it is possible, I will remind the dealer to reset it when they change the oil.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts