Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some questions regarding this lite:

Does this lite come on at milestone intervals (5000-10000-15000-etc) or
does it come on 5000 mi. after it's re-set following the oil change.

If the first oil change is done at 4500 miles can the lite be reset so that it doesn't come on at 5000 mi.

·
Registered
66 Posts
the light comes on at 5k after you reset it. So if you reset it at 4500 it will come on at 9500. If you want it to come on at 10,000 you'll have to reset it again when you reach 5,000

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
At least in North America, the Maint Reqd light will start blinking at 4500 miles, and stay on solid at 5000 miles, since last reset. (So, if you wait until 6000 miles to reset, it will start blinking at 10500 miles, and stay on solit at 11000 miles.)

You can have your dealer change the interval from 5000 miles to a different preset. (IIRC there are about 4 choices for the interval for the Maint Reqd light). Which would make sense, as in much of Europe/UK the maintenance interval is every 10000 miles.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
DanMan32 said:
And how would the dealer do this? No such option in the repair manual.

Canada doesn't even have a maint. Req. light.
hm, I could've sworn that I've seen it listed somewhere... (I don't have a copy of the repair manuals to check.) 8(

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Perhaps you were confused by the Maintenance Schedule page in the Info screen for those packages with NAV? That one you HAVE to set the maintenance intervals for various categories. To top it off, in order to be flagged that an interval has elapsed, you have to have pressed the I Agree screen during that trip.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Reset maint light

Dan,
I had my oil changed at 4000 miles by a Toyota dealer.
Now at 4500 the maint req light starts blinking.
Is there a way I can reset it rather than the hour drive in stop and go traffic to get the dealer to do it?

Thanks

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you press and hold the ODO button (next to KPH/MPH button on dash), start the car and continue to hold the ODO until the odometer stops its flashing display, the Maintenance timer will reset for another 5,000 miles...

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Re: Reset maint light

eeh42 said:
Dan,
I had my oil changed at 4000 miles by a Toyota dealer.
Now at 4500 the maint req light starts blinking.
Is there a way I can reset it rather than the hour drive in stop and go traffic to get the dealer to do it?

Thanks
Page 122-123 of the US 2004 Prius Owner's Manual (Section 2-5 "Operation
of Instruments and Controls: Gauges, Meters and Service Reminder
Indicators", item (j) in the "Service reminder indicators and warning
buzzers" section.

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Pri ... aintenance

http://www.vfaq.net/FAQ-screen.html#maintenance

page 14 of the User-Guide: http://john1701a.com/prius/prius-userguide.htm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts