Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost time for me to do the 30,000 mile maintenance and since my third winter is coming up I would like to clean and lubricate the caliper slide pins. Although my city driving permits me the pleasure of jamming the brakes occasionally, I would still like to perform this procedure to prevent future problems (no drag for the glides). Can anyone who has a copy of the service manual produce or paraphrase a copy of the procedure for the pin removal and replacement with the torque specs. Thank you in advance.

Wayne

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
The bolts that hold the slide pins are torqued at 34 N-M, 347 Kg-cm or 25 ft-lb. Apply lithium soap grease to the sliding and fitting portion of the pin.

Nothing really special about the caliper.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just completed my caliper pin lubrication. Fairly easy to do, lubed the pad backing plates as well. The brake pads didn't even look used after 30,000 miles. I think next year I might take the caliper bracket off, clean the salt corrosion off and paint the bracket and caliper. Hey DanMan32, any idea of the torque spec for the caliper bracket bolts? And thanks again!

Wayne

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks DanMan! :D :D

Wayne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.