Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the significance of the low temperature indicatior light? this light came on after driving the car about 5 mins and remained on....the color of the light was red.

·
Registered
610 Posts
:roll: Would be helpful if you would indicate your geographical location... the "Signature" facility in PriusOnline is a super place to provide that information in each of your posts. I would also suggest providing the pertinent info on your Prius... yr model, package, etc.

Do you mean the amber signal that looks like an asterisk (snowflake) on a departing highway? If so, that indicates that the outside temperature is 34º F or less... a notice that ice could make the highway slick. Your location would help indicate whether you live in an area where that temperature is likely.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
manual pg 116." the light comes on when the outside temperature is less than 37 degree F"..... why does anyone need a warning light to know the temp out side is less than 37 degrees? isn't the temp already available on the energy monitor? seems like useless information to me or is there some other reason for this indicator light to be alarming my wife? :roll:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Black ice. Basically, it's cold enough that they can form in shaded areas but warm enough that you might think it's above freezing and ice melts above freezing and therefore there's no ice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts