Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've done a search and couldn't find anything on this topic.

The bulb in one of my headlamp burnt, and I need to replace it. I've spent about 10 minutes tring to remove the bulb but couldn't. I've always replace the bulbs myself in other cars, but with the light housing in this car, I'm running into a little trouble. Please help.

thank you in advance.
j3t

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
HID or Halogen?

There is no low-beam bulb. Both use a single capsule for both high and low beam.

Are you sure it is the bulb? If only low beam is out, it is more likely to be a fuse.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry.. it's the regular non-xenon bulbs. both high and low are out on the passeger side... driver side is fine, so I don't think it's the fuse.

update.. I just used a new bulb and plugged in the cable in and it works fine... I'm prettty sure that it's the bulb...

thx

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Actually for Halogen, you can have only one filament go bad. Happens all the time. Ever have a car wink at you when someone flashes their high beams when the low beam is burnt out?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I know that's possible, Dan. However, every time I've had a failure, the filament breaks and hangs up on the other filament, causing either a short, or the spray of material on the capsule inside surface renders it useless. Just lucky, I guess!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts