Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the first idiot to lose his Smart entry key? Any suggestions where and how to get a replacement? When I picked up the car the dealer said a new key would cost about $70. Only have 600 miles on the car and am able to get my mileage up to 51 MPG. I bought a 2002 trac car with 5k in July 2003 and loved the car so finally about Dec. 1 I started trying to find a 2004. Placed a deposit with a great dealer (Mcdonough Toyota in Stanton, VA)and was finally able to get the car of my dreams on March 13. Well worth the wait.

John King
2002 Aqua
2004 Salsa #9

·
Registered
81 Posts
You should have received two keys when you got the car. If you have no keys, your car will have to have one of the computers replaced, which apparently costs quite a bit. If you still have one key, I believe you can get one for around $150 (if you shop around), plus the cost of programming it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mercy sakes. Check your wallet. I asked the parts man at my dealer here in Fremont, CA about an extra smart entry key. The price will be $274. and some change. I lost consciousness for a brief moment and explained I haven't lost the key, I merely want an extra one. That's it, $274. My Prius came with two keys and now, one of them is in my safe deposit box at the bank. Whatshisname :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts