Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this to some of the yahoo groups, but no one there seems to have a clue.

I will be installing two Recaro Orthoped seats to replace the front seats of my '04 Prius. The Orthopeds are orthopedically designed and are full power seats. They are really comfortable. I think the OEM Toyota seats are terrible.

Anyway, I am looking for a good place to tap into for the 15A @ 12V each seat will require. This power is primarily for the motors to drive the seat position. The 12V is also used to drive two small fans in the seats to keep them cool (or warm). This 12V power should probably be switched with the READY.

The folks who are doing the install have installed these seats in lots of German cars (Dave-they are down the road from you in Pompano Beach), but not in a Prius. We finally found brackets and sliders for the Prius. I told them I would do some research about where to get power for the seats.

I have looked at the service manual, and found on Pg 68 of the Electrical Wiring Diagram manual there is a 30A POWER fuse that doesn't seem to be connected to anything. Does anyone know about this fuse, and could I use this? If so, where would I tap into it (since it doesn't seem to be connected to anything)? What other 12V points would be available? Would a line connected directly to the 120A main fusible link in series with a relay (and fuses, of course). The relay coil would be activated with the accessory socket in the console (so as to activate on READY). I have installed the Coastal kit to keep the dash accessory socket hot all the time. Is there a simpler way? Are there any other issues that I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

Steve in Miami
'04 Seaside #7 + Kenwood Nav

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
You're misreading that page. That page only decribes the power distribution up to the fuse.

If you want to see what the fuses are used for, start at page 372. On page 377, I see that fuse used for the power windows.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts