Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the Prii were a rare thing to come by, I was hesitant to put a deposit down.

I had called around dealerships that claimed to have 2006 Prii on the lot in late 2005, but when I would arrive, they would be 2005 Prii with some sort of unnecessary option that I did not want (leather, or $4k rims!).

Finally I put a $500 deposit down in Nov 2005 with Longo Toyota in El Monte. I found that my bf's old friend from college ended up being a salesman there and decided to let him in on the commission. I was ETA'd the car wouldn't be there till April 2006.

On February 3rd 2006 I was called, the car, color, and package I wanted had arrived (much sooner than expected). There were no excessive add-ons, they weren't asking for a "higher price" than the standard retail listed on the Toyota website, and everyone there was friendly.

Longo prides themself on Customer Service, and they DO NOT like to hear that someone gives you trouble.. so I think they go an extra mile to make sure you are happy.

I have suggested Willy Lam to a few people, and know that one of our friends ended up buying a Prius with him and were VERY HAPPY that he was not a pushy salesman like many will find.

He is quick to respond to folks and here is his cell # (626) 378-8136. When I spoke with him last he was very willing to bargain on price, as many incentives are now being brought to the table. Last I heard, Longo was getting over 100 Prii per month, and I wouldn't doubt that figure at all. (If you check their website, they currently have 111 Prii in stock).

They have an insanely large selection, great pricing, and friendly staff.

P.S. I take my car for service there too, and so far any issues have been rectified Immediately.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'll second calling Willy Lam! I called and had a car 2 days later when I showed up. He wasn't working that day, but he had the service dept pick me up, sales had the car ready, finance ran me through, I never looked back.
I did double back for the free 1000 mi check up. Nice touch. Longo is huge! If I was in LA, I'd be using their service dept too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts