Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at traveling over 3300 miles with the Prius on a 8 day trip from Seattle to Tucson and back. A couple of days, I plan to drive over 12 hours. Will the Prius stand up to this amount of driving? What are the longest distance has people driven in one day with their Prius?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
bigheadr said:
Looking at traveling over 3300 miles with the Prius on a 8 day trip from Seattle to Tucson and back. A couple of days, I plan to drive over 12 hours. Will the Prius stand up to this amount of driving? What are the longest distance has people driven in one day with their Prius?
My wife and daughter drove from Minnesota to North Carolina and back in 6 days, including a couple 12 hour days. They got a good book on CD, and found the car very comfortable for the long trip. They averaged about 52 MPG on mostly freeway driving. It was clean when they left, and bug spattered when they got home. Guess who got to wash it again?

·
Registered
130 Posts
On three occasions I have driven the Prius 950 miles in 14 hours straight. Twice we had three people in the car and all the gear for a week of snowboarding. The car was great and we arrived without fatigue. This is a great car to travel in.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yes.

See my post about my 3335 mile in 10 day journey earlier this year.

Long story short: 1600 miles nonstop each way, there and back a week apart, with 4 adults and a baby seat; and the trunk area as full as a Tetris addict could pack. (The only thing preventing cargo from falling into the back seat was putting the head rests all the way up to act as a barrier.)

·
Registered
44 Posts
We just did a 3000 mile drive from Denver to Birmingham AL and back with a week of city driving in Birmingham. The car performed flawlessly and was more comfortable than I was anticipating...you will have a great trip!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts