Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 500 miles on an 06 pkg 8. I have a short (2 miles) commute to work in mid 30 temps., so my mileage is about 25, but on trips of 50 miles each way, it gets around 50 mpg. I enjoy the car very much, but have some troubles keeping my wife from borrowing it. I have found this site has a great deal of practical knowledge and it has helped me get a good start on its use.

I am going for a month long vacation starting at the end of April and the car will be left at the airport. I presume that after I turn off the SKS and make sure the lights are off and that no doors are ajar, I should have no more battery drain than a conventional drive train. Any additional recommendations for storage for this period.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
What about longer than a month? Say, several months? Any snowbirds out there have suggestions on what you do with normal cars when they are laid up for that long of a time?

(I'll be moving to NYC soon, and the Prius won't be coming with me, but staying at a family member's place... and I don't know if the family member will be able to drive them or start them every so often.)

I know about a battery tender/minder, or disconnecting the 12v battery, but what other things should I be looking at? Wipers? Tires? fuel stabilizers? anything else?

·
Registered
269 Posts
janets98 said:
Maybe she's too busy kicking his azz and has told him to get his selfish azz to the airport himself. :wink: :lol:
Well....definitely ensure everything is OFF...then if she is rattling something like the above statement, then definitely put some fuel stabilizer into the wife diet..... :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.