Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
858 Posts
jefff12 said:
. . . Your 6 weeks without a hitch is an anomaly, but very reassuring at the same time.
I don't think this is an anomaly. lensovet did take precautions to minimize the drain on the battery. I think people who experience loss of 12V battery charge tend to report that at a much higher rate than people who leave their cars for several weeks but don't have 12V battery problems.

jefff12 said:
. . . It makes no sense that a battery warrantied for 8 years and 100k+ miles would die in a matter of 6 (or even 10) weeks. But, still, there are numerous reports that it has. . . .
The 12V battery is not warranteed for anywhere near that long (3 years maybe?). I have not heard of a single case of the HV battery draining due to 10 weeks+ of normal storage. There has been at least one report of a salvaged Prius with a discharged HV battery, but who knows what happened to the battery in the accident or at the junk yard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.