Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came back from a 886 mile in one day trip (both ways). Left OK at 4am arrived northeren IN at 5:30pm was no more tired then when we used to do it in the Camery. My only complaint was in the Camery we were forced to make a stop about every 250 miles or so to put in 30 dollars worth of gas and with the Pri we would have to wait until 350 miles to put in 15 dollars worth of gas :lol: (cruised at 70 to 80 depending on the state) drove it like we would have driven the Camery.
Used the Nav system the whole way was that was a trip, it took us most of the way correctly up there a little out of the way but got us there we lost it as we were going by the Indianapolis airport and it didn't seem to know were it was going so had to follow the signs and went out of our way but it cvame back about a mile after the AP. What was funny I expected to go back to OK the same away I went up but it took us a different way thru St Louis :? (we got to see the Arch which we hadn't going up) and then when we got to OK it keep trying to take us into towns and off the hiways instead of a straight trip down. It also showed a totally different milage to get where we were going by about 120 mile different and t :( he time of a trip was all wrong by about 3 hr over the actual time.
THe car however ran great now am looking foward to a trip to Ca in the fall

·
Registered
669 Posts
With the Nav system, I tend to look at all 3 recommended routes and if I'm not in too much of a hurry, I'll run the route preview to make sure it all makes sense. Most (at least 80% I'd estimate) of the time, around here anyway, it seems to do a perfect job... once in a while it gets fixated on a particular road that seems very out of the way, and I'll put in a road preference to steer it away.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Do a search and you'll find my commentary on my 1500-mile (one-way) one-day trip, and the return 1500-mile trip a week later. (Search for 'Nebraska ate my Prius.)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just came back from a road trip last weekend up to San Francisco, stopping in Monterey on the way there and Carmel and Santa Barbara on the way back. I'm not sure of the total mileage, but it's probably over 1000. One question about the navigation system. Wasn't there a way to see the turn list for the route? Before I got the upgrade, I thought there was an option to see the list, but now I can't find it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
ALoLA said:
Wasn't there a way to see the turn list for the route? Before I got the upgrade, I thought there was an option to see the list, but now I can't find it.
The upgrade should not change that and yes there is.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Navigation route preview/route overview

ALoLA said:
I just came back from a road trip last weekend up to San Francisco, stopping in Monterey on the way there and Carmel and Santa Barbara on the way back. I'm not sure of the total mileage, but it's probably over 1000. One question about the navigation system. Wasn't there a way to see the turn list for the route? Before I got the upgrade, I thought there was an option to see the list, but now I can't find it.
In my 2004 US Prius Navigation Owner's Manual, see pages 51-52 for the Route Overview and Route Preview functions. Basically, you get to those from the "Map View" softbutton. (You may need to expand the buttons on the bottom of your screen to see the button.) I think you need to have already chosen your destination point and a route to see the overview/preview buttons, though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I looked again and finally found the turn list on the route overview. It was along the top of the screen, and I kept thinking it was at the lower right. I can't believe I missed it earlier. :oops:

·
Registered
19 Posts
We just finished a 3-week road trip that covered 4572 miles. We were comfortable and only spent $230.00 on gas. We had a great time and the car handled all the different terrains and altitude changes with style and grace. The Nav system tried to send us on some scenic routes - so happy we learned about the override. Glad I checked into PriusChat during the trip and got the info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts