Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have an '04 with only 2640 miles on it. Am planning to drive it from west to east coast and back. Is this a good idea? Anything I should know about?

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'd get an early oil change. The factory oil may have a little break-in metal in it. Check all fluids.. Otherwise..have a fun trip. Be sure to change the GPS area setting as you move across boundaries.

·
Registered
582 Posts
long distance

I would take the initial engine oil and filter change before the trip, and ask the shop if they have any other concerns for the voyage.

Confirm your tire pressures are as you want them, including the spare which may often get overlooked.

You will have no problems. For fuel economy, speeds below 70 are better.

DAS

·
Registered
133 Posts
Cross Country

The owner's manual states that there is no break-in period just don't drive the car hard for the first few hundred miles (or maybe it was the first few thousand miles). Anyway, your car is ready to go. Just drive it and enjoy.

I know there are many disagreements on this but I change my oil and filter every 3,000 miles. If it was me...I'd do an oil and filter change before I left. For the few extra dollars it's worth the peace of mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts