Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does spending $800 for LoJack system make sense for a 2004 Prius.

I check the theft stats for Prius and they are very very low...

It seems LoJack is an over kill security expense.... what do you think??
:roll:

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your input folks...

I have decided that Brad makes a lot of sense: "...But if they steal it and scrap it for parts... I'd rather HAVE the value than a salvaged title and half a car..."

However Bradca21 seems to think we should invest our money in nice stuff to use as bait to catch criminals"

"... I couldn't live with myself if he went on to kill somebody else (after he took my car), and I hadn't done SOMETHING to try to catch him. Yes, I do believe it's my responsibility, PARTICULARLY when there's very little risk on my part (pay to have the unit installed, and report the car stolen if it ever is). "

I would prefer investing in a Glock 45 if nailing criminals was my intent...its much more cost effective...

:wink:

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Causes of death in USA last year

Over 45,000 thousand deaths each year are the result of automobile accidents (only 1 caused by a Prius). Many times higher than fire arms. And 95% of those killed by cars are not criminals. While most deaths by fire arms involve criminals.

But over 3 million deaths each year is result of complications from over eating...perhaps we should make being fat a criminal offense. That's the best way to stop unnecessary deaths and to improve and provide the "great society" all you liberals want...

...remember safety first...don't stuff your pie hole…

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.