Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
mrv said:
DanMan32 said:
Lojack isn't worth it as many municipalities don't support it.
But depending on your insurance company's anti-theft discount, it may repay itself...
Why "repay" for something you can't use in the first place (if your location doesn't support the system)? I'd have to move 40 miles so my car could be stolen in a location that supports Lojack. I'll just stick with the security features that came with my Prius, thank you...

G

·
0 Posts
LoJack is a waste of money and antiquated. Cops don't even waste their time on it. My insurance is reasonable enough. Save your money folks! Something better? Get a Nextel blackberry and keep it charged, on and under the seat. You can pinpoint the exact location of the car via the Nextel website.

G

·
0 Posts
The savings from your insurance won't even pay for the lojack. You must have found four suckers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lojack Group Buy

Actually, I now have 5 signups. Keeping a charged cell phone under my seat, now there's a novel idea!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
It's interesting to me how quickly the naysayers come out when Lojack is brought up.

The reality is this: It's a good, competent, and reliable system. I put one in every car I own. One never knows when one has a chance to catch a criminal.

I get warm fuzzies when I think about being able to do that. :)

And of course, it's one of my life's goals to become an America's Most Wanted "tipster," too. To me, that would be better than winning the lottery! Yeah, I'm sick. So sue me. :D

But be on notice: If any of you have been profiled on AMW, ya better not find yourselves tailgating my Prius, because I can see you really good in my rear-view mirror! And I drink a lot of coffee, so I'm always very very ALERT! Boo! :shock: :D

You'd be better off just hanging back WAY behind me, even though I'm only driving 50-55 on the highway.

If you're going to pass me, use your turn signal and just go on by, nice and polite-like. Make no gestures, no "flying finger of friendship", no funny faces. You really don't want me to see you. I have a good eye for faces that I've seen on television! :) :twisted: :D

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
hyperion said:
LoJack or no. I would like to hear from ANYONE who has heard of a Prius being stolen!! I still believe it to be almost an impossibility and not worth a thieves effort.
Well, there was one person on the Prius-2G yahoogroup... A woman had left her keys on a table, and when she went to claim them, the keys and her Prius were gone.
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Pri ... sage/13702
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Pri ... sage/41555

There was also a Classic that showed up on eBay once that after 2 weeks of being lost, the insurance company had considered it a loss, but it was found sometime later and was put on sale...

(A former co-worker swears by LoJack ever since one incident when he was visiting his son in NYC. He woke up in the morning, looked out the window, and his LoJack-equipped car was gone. He called the police. Within the 1/2 hour about 4 police vehicles surrounded the car and ordered the driver to come out with his hands up. It was his son who had taken the car...)

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Hey, LoJack works when you can steal the car but leaving your keys in would certainly make even the police mad who found your car using Lo Jack! (I'm amazed that even with the key any stranger could get one started.)
Has anyone heard of a normally locked Prius being stolen? LoJack isn't cheap and my insurance discount would be just pennies of the cost.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts