Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had Lojack installed at my dealer. I picked up my car and discovered that my smart entry and start system no longer works. Is it possible that the Lojack is sending out a signal that interferes with the smart entry? I remember the manual says that things like mobile speed pass will interfere with the smart entry. Lojack is coming on Monday to check things out but if I can't have the two things together, Lojack will just have to go. I can't live without smart entry. Anybody else have this experience?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Of course, the Smart switch at the base of the steering column is ON...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I didn't even think about the switch. Guess somebody at the dealer decided to turn it off for some reason. It's quite interesting though to talk to the people at the dealer. I told them my smart entry wasn't working and the girl at service says "You mean you want to like open and start your car without the key?" Many of them have no idea what this car can do. Thank you again though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow! Happy to help!
The Smart entry should be disabled while in service, so that's why yours was probably off.
Actually I knew what was wrong as soon as I read your post...those "valet notes" in the console are useful for Toyota dealer service presonnel as well...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts