Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I has been sugested by several people that the logo on this site could use some updating. Post your submissions to this topic. Submissions should be a GIF image with a height of 54 pixels, width no larger that 450 pixels, and include the text PriusOnline .

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I still stand by my rendition (15 KB GIF):

Or the animated version (click to see full size 535 KB GIF):

You're free to use either, they're released under the Create Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

I can edit either to use a different font/tagline/whatever.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
DanMan32 said:
The problem with the GIF is that it could take almost 2 minutes to load over dialup that some members are on. Granted, it would probably be cached after the first download.
Yeah, I designed the static one first, then decided to have some fun with my GIF animator program. I didn't realize until after it was done how positively monstrous it had become.

But it's so fun! :p

edit: Yes, originally I tried to make the wheels spin, but that got too hard, since they aren't really perfect circles, it looked goofy.

·
Registered
132 Posts
in the meanwhile...

i know it's only the 2nd gen prius, but i do so for a couple of reasons:

first, having just one focal point, as opposed to two, will make for a better design.

second, nowadays, when people think "prius", they think of the 2nd gen vehicle. really, that's the image that comes to mind when people think "hybrid".

third, it's the more distinct of the two. therefore, it is easy to recognize the vehicle just by its shape, or its headlights, or its taillights, or its grill.

third, it's the more distinct of the two. therefore, it is easy to recognize the vehicle just by its shape, or its headlights, or its taillights, or its grill.

besides, it's not like the site would become "2nd gen only". the logo would simply present the latest and most iconic version of the vehicle.

let me know what you think. again, if i could have some more logo space to play with that would be awesome. i could tinker with the entire top part of the site. i'll play around with it some more later.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Your idea's good but I still think we should have a Classic in there. This way, those that only know the Prius by the 2nd gen will also come to realise that there was a 1st gen Prius.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Tideland Prius said:
Your idea's good but I still think we should have a Classic in there. This way, those that only know the Prius by the 2nd gen will also come to realise that there was a 1st gen Prius.
Again, the problem with both Priuses in the logo is that it detracts from the overall design and focus of the logo. While the site should be sure to let people come to realize (hah, Canadians and their 'realise') that there was a prius before its current incarnation, the logo should simply look good. And I think a logo can look it's best with one vehicle. I will tinker with a logo that has both Prius, but I think that a logo with both won't look as good as one with just one.

But in reference to your point about letting people know that there are both, what about a photo section that features images of both generations and the various colors and angles, both interior and exterior, of the Prius.

Also, please note that I am not trying to argue with you, I'm simply stating my perspective on the logo issue. I do feel that it is important to let people know that the Prius was not always as it was today, and that we not alienate 1st gen prius owners. However, for the logo's sake, I use just one. Hey, what if we had a random image that switched among three or four logo images of the old Prius, the new Prius and then both Prius? This site is PHP so I know it could do it, and it would not require the higher bandwidth of an animated gif.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I think and favour the "Classic & II Gen Prius" should be on the new logo.

The Prius Pioneers that plunged in to the "Unknown" and purchased the Classic in order to propagate the movement and now, the succesful and available for the masses world-wide consumption, The New Prius Gen II.

If weren't for the Gen I Prius advocate & Pioneers, we wouldn't have the Prius of today and many,many more Hybrids coming for our choice.

So I strongly feel that the Old Prius and the Pioneers not to be forgotten.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Emma said:
I might be biased because I have a red Prius, but I'd like to see a little more "color" in the logo....brighten it up a bit. I like the blue Prius in the current logo. Maybe one black and one red?
You're just jealous that the Rhino was the model and the Devil (or whatever you're calling her) wasn't... ;)

I do agree, that more color would be good and including the old and new Prius would be better...

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Asian Brad said:
[quote="Tideland Prius":3j7eil5u]Your idea's good but I still think we should have a Classic in there. This way, those that only know the Prius by the 2nd gen will also come to realise that there was a 1st gen Prius.
Again, the problem with both Priuses in the logo is that it detracts from the overall design and focus of the logo. While the site should be sure to let people come to realize (hah, Canadians and their 'realise') that there was a prius before its current incarnation, the logo should simply look good. And I think a logo can look it's best with one vehicle. I will tinker with a logo that has both Prius, but I think that a logo with both won't look as good as one with just one.

But in reference to your point about letting people know that there are both, what about a photo section that features images of both generations and the various colors and angles, both interior and exterior, of the Prius.

Also, please note that I am not trying to argue with you, I'm simply stating my perspective on the logo issue. I do feel that it is important to let people know that the Prius was not always as it was today, and that we not alienate 1st gen prius owners. However, for the logo's sake, I use just one. Hey, what if we had a random image that switched among three or four logo images of the old Prius, the new Prius and then both Prius? This site is PHP so I know it could do it, and it would not require the higher bandwidth of an animated gif.[/quote:3j7eil5u]

That's perfectly fine, I thought those pictures above, especially the last set with the 06 version were striking. What about both of them at a 45° angle towards the viewer (i.e. both fronts facing at an angle?).

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yeah, I went for simplicity in mine. With the white background, it blends into the top like the current one. (I also made it the same dimensions as the current one, rather than the requested ones. I made this a long time ago.)

I like Brad's designs, too, though. Maybe the top one's font with the third one's positioning...

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Looks like we have a new logo on top of this thread. a smiling red one! :) And if you click it a couple of times, it changes to something else. Test drive a logo!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Emma said:
KTPhil said:
Anyone good with automated GIFs want to try morphing the classic into a gen 2 as the logo?
Oooh, I like the sounds of that. Perhaps the color could change along with the morphing.
Er, there would be some size issues with an image like that. Though that would be awesome, it would take longer to load than the others.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.