Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
thanks wayneswhirld, I had heard about PA's $500 rebate but thought it was only good in 2005. I found out it's still going on for this calendar year. I mailed out the form today and hopefully soon i'll have an extra $500 bucks that I wouldn't have if it weren't for you. But that doesn't mean you're going to see any of the cash. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright swedishking, I'll let you slide...after all, 5 other gracious Prius owners on here have already pledged about $500 to me for helping them save :wink:

Glad it's working out for you.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Hi, Michelle & any interseted Connecticut residents,

I don't remember where I 1st became aware of this fact (here at PriusOnLine I think) but: If you live in Ct & buy a HYBRID that gets OVER 40 MPG, you pay NO SALES TAX on that purchase. It saved me about $1,400. Cool! You might want to add that to your data base, Michelle.

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ken,
Just so you know, the above posted link includes that info for Conn. Michelle's taken care of it.

Does that mean for 2006 purchasers from CT, you can still get the $3000 tax credit (up to 60,000 hybrids) also? Wow, that's quite an incentive!

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Thanks,wayneswhirld,

When I looked at her links I was look'g only at the boldface state list'gs & I missed the one with all the 2 letter state abbreviations & also the one with the local & regional incentives/ benefits. Michelle sure is sharp & thorough. Yes, on the Ct state dept of revenue site the sales tax exemption is in effect from Oct 1,2004 till Oct 1,2008 (plus the federal tax credit).

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Ok, Guys and Girls ! This came to me from a friend in the Tax Business
and I believe him

This is how is done ? ( I'm not sure ) Please consult your tax expert.
IRS has not determined yet as to how much $ but presumably, up to $3400 for 06 Prius. Other Hybrids may differ...

Federal Tax incentive only, and only through the end of the quarter in which the 60,000th Vehicles are sold for each manufacturer.
Some States also offer a credit, but that is upto each State's or county's legislature.

Through the end of the quarter after the quarter in which the
60,000th car is sold.

Beginning January 1, 2006 and up through the quarter that the
each automaker sells 60,000 hybrid vehicles, 100% of the credit is allowed. $2400 to $3400 up to ?

100% of the hybrid car tax credit continues for the next
consecutive quarter.

The next two quarters after that, the tax credit is reduced to
50% of the original hybrid car tax credit. So, $1200~$1700 ?

Then, for the next two quarters after that, the tax credit is
reduced to 25% of the original hybrid car tax credit. So,$600~$850 ?

Finally, the hybrid car tax credit for that automakers’ hybrids
drops to zero. $0 But who knows it all can change again. Then the 07's ?

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Ct. Ken V said:
Hi, Michelle & any interseted Connecticut residents,

I don't remember where I 1st became aware of this fact (here at PriusOnLine I think) but: If you live in Ct & buy a HYBRID that gets OVER 40 MPG, you pay NO SALES TAX on that purchase. It saved me about $1,400. Cool! You might want to add that to your data base, Michelle.

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)
If you are a member of the toyota-prius yahoogroup, feel free to add a link to the CT state's tax info page.

If you're not a member, if you send me a link I'll add it for you.

(Yeah, there's nothing saying that I have all of the states listed there, nor all the incentives listed for countries other than the US either...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.