Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I read that.

I wonder how big the car is? And how many kwh it has?

In general do you need a special charger to charge one of these up? I'm thinking if one were to charge 25kwh of batteries, say, at 2kw, then it would take 12.5 hours? How many kw can a home outlet do? Do you know?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Letter from Sion about Lithium Sulfer

I wrote Sion a quick note asking about when they'd have a lithium battery form EV. Here is their reply:

------------
We do see a potential fit for our lithium sulfur batteries in EV’s and HEV’s due to their very high specific energy. This would enable the vehicle manufacturer to reduce the amount of weight associated with the battery system. However, it is not a near term market for our technology. It is at least 5 years away.

To qualify for any electric vehicle program, you must have a system capable of 1000+ full depth of discharge cycles. We feel in time our batteries will be able to accomplish this. If you do not do a full discharge, we can meet this requirement today.

Thank you for your interest in SION Power and our new rechargeable lithium sulfur battery technology.

Sincerely

·
Registered
928 Posts
kennyb said:
I wonder how big the car is?
The article says "It will be compact but able to seat more than one passenger". It take that to mean 2 adults.

kennyb said:
. . . In general do you need a special charger to charge one of these up? I'm thinking if one were to charge 25kwh of batteries, say, at 2kw, then it would take 12.5 hours? How many kw can a home outlet do? Do you know?
In Europe, a 220 V outlet with 20 amp breaker can deliver over 4 kW. You can probably get 30 amp circuits for 6 kW. So 4 to 6 hours, which isn't too bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts