Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

First of all: I got my new Prius on last Wednesday :D

1) At my prius (european version) the lights (headlights and rear lights) are always on. Is there a possibility to change this behavior (turn off the lights if the switch is off)?

2) Can I deactivate the annoying beep that appears when I put in the reverse gear? (AFAIK this is only possible in the US version?)

YxTerWd

·
Registered
83 Posts
YxTerWd,

I know with the NA models, you're dealer uses their special tool and hooks it up to the electronics and can turn the Daytime Running Lights (DRL) off.

But, in the US, they usually won't do this as they then fear being liable for turning off a safety feature...

I have turned off the reverse beeps on my NA model. Sorry, don't know if it's the same for Euro versions.

Cheers,
-bob

·
Registered
32 Posts
How to turn off reverse beep is shown in the manual in NA model. Did you check your manual to see if it's listed?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Have tried the de-beeping procedure (for reverse & seatbelts) described in this forum (elsewhere). Didn't work for the Australian model, nor is it listed in the manual.

At our car's first service I asked the dealer to change the default for the a/c inlet. Rather than always going to recirc when we switch on a/c or hit auto ours now stays as previously selected.

Like to get rid of those beeps though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts