Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a silly question. But I bought my Prius in early November and I still haven't received my plates. I did move since then, so I'm sure they tried to deliver them to my house but then sent them back. So who do I contact--the dealer (and who at the dealer? my salesman?) or the DMV? I want to get personalized plates, anyway. So then what do I do.

Roberta

·
Registered
363 Posts
ProfBerta said:
This may be a silly question. But I bought my Prius in early November and I still haven't received my plates. I did move since then, so I'm sure they tried to deliver them to my house but then sent them back. So who do I contact--the dealer (and who at the dealer? my salesman?) or the DMV? I want to get personalized plates, anyway. So then what do I do.

Roberta
I depends entirely on where you live.

I live in Dekalb County Georgia, I bought my Prius in Fulton County Georgia. I had to take paperwork into the license plate office to order my tags.

And you moved? Have you changed the registration on your car to reflect your new address? They are going to expect you to be at that address and not forward mail to another.

·
Registered
115 Posts
In Texas and California the DMV license can be done at the dealer so it is just a waiting game. The plates should be forwarded to your new address if sent in the mail provided you put a change of address card in the mail. To be on the same side I would call teh DMV and update your information.

In Kansas and Missouri I had to actually take my bill of sale to the local license office. If it was a generic plate they simple handed me one from the pre-printed stack behind them. If it was a custom then I had to wait 2-4 weeks I thnk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts