Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get that letter from the CA DMV about the HOV sticker (they addressed it as "The Clean Air Vehicle Program")?

Basically, the first line says that Cal-Trans can rescind the use of the HOV lane by clean air-stickered vehicles with single occupant in the case of lane congestion. At that point, the stickered vehicle needs to have the required number of riders to use the lane per law (reverts to regular diamond lane laws).

So when and how will they announce that you cannot drive your HOV stickered vehicle in the diamond lane? Seems rather odd and could leave you open to a ticket should they decide to change it without informing you to stay out of it beforehand.

Other than that, it also mentions the program ends Jan, 1, 2008 (in bold type) as we already know. Can't recall the other notice (there were three) as the letter isn't in front of me now, but being guarded by the sleeping dog and it wasn't anything new anyhoo.

Personally, I never got to the point of wanting to stick them on the car. I don't want to risk seeing a paint discoloration from it being there too long as I've seen with bumper stickers. Okay, they're ugly too (imho)!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah my letter came in the mail on Thursday 1/12. I am not to concerned about it. I think the backlash from dangling the carpool access carrot in front of us to get us to buy Hybrids and then suddenly dropping the program before the scheduled sunset date, would be a real problem for the State. I feel pretty confident we will be in the carpool lanes to at least 2008. So enjoy the 2 years.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Letter from Ca dmv

Yeah, talk about wasting the taxpayer's dollar! All the info has been well publicised in the past, nothing new here. Also, if they felt they had to send out a notice, why couldn't they do it with the registration renewal? Or at least have sent them last week, before the postage went up?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I received the Letter the other day. Nothing new, so I just threw it away in my recycle bin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.