Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hurricane Jeanne ain't gonna get me. It's time to go. As soon as I fold my laundry, I'm packing the car. Heading north. See ya'll on the road!

·
Registered
381 Posts
My wife and I won't be on the road; have both Prius safely locked up in the garage. Have a safe trip and we'll see ya when ya get back. :)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Hey Bif and 'Mage, how'd y'all fair?

I got back today to find no structural damage, but some damp areas indicate we've had some water seep in under the walls.

Hope all's well on your side.

·
Registered
381 Posts
We lost a few more shingle tabs, but that was it. Can't really tell if it was more/less than either of the previous two. No drips, no leaks, no wet spots in the attic; plastic tarp over one section of the roof didn't budge*, and nothing in the buckets I'd left underneath it since the first one. Only "water spots" were over the kitchen, where rain had been blown straight in through the roof vents, collected, and dripped. Can't really do much about that unless I want to rig up a semi-permanent collection system in the attic (tarp, bucket, drain line,...). :p

* Someone at Lowe's yesterday was joking with me that the roof wouldn't collapse from water damage, but from the weight of the nails I used on the tarp. :wink:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No damage here. Power went out, but not for long (based on the devices that were and were not flashing upon my return).

It's good to be home, but I still have lots of work to clean up the mess I made while packing up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts