Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is my last day on POL. Tomorrow I will no longer be a Prius owner. I'll be picking up my new Camry Hybrid XLE. It's such a shame that this site has gone down hill. It was the best place for Prius info when I joined in 2004. Farewell my friends...

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Hi, firepa63,

Aw, come on now, you'll still be a hybrid owner. Doesn't that count for something (or is there a Camry hybrid forum somewhere?)? Won't you re-consider?

I agree, as of late it's only been basically you & me & Phoenix (& just the other day a surprise visit from wayneswhirld---wow, 4 years he says since he was here last---his latest post in the mouse motel thread in this same "General" category).

I've been working hard behind the scenes to delete the spam posts as quick as I can & up to this point I've deleted the accounts of over 6,000 spammers in about a year and 1/2.

I'm not the one with good answers to the questions of some of the new visitors, so I don't know what I'm going to do if you REALLY mean that you're leaving for sure. Since there is soon going to be a conversion of this site over to a different format (as spelled out by the recent post of the AGA Admin), I'm wondering if my spam banning powers will remain intact. If not, I may just be tempted to let them take over everything & see how long it takes them to bring this back to the life they're promising (or if it dies out altogether).

Please re-consider, buddy, but do what you need to do.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ken, I'll still visit on occasion and will answer questions if I can, but I won't be a regular.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
O.K., firepa63,

I can understand that, but I want you to know I consider you one of the greats here much the likes of DanMan & MRV who have also abandoned this site, but much earlier than you. Thanks for staying around so long.

Many of the old-timers left during the barrage of spam & I too would have, but you're right, this site used to be the "go to" place for hybrid information when I first started lurking in 2004 (took me almost a year to join it because I was/still am NOT computer literate & I was leery of "chat rooms").

I didn't want to see this site die, so when I discovered I had moderator powers I vowed to stay here & try to get rid of all the spam I could to keep the members happy so they would stay. It really hurts to see so many that have left here, so again I say thanks for sticking around as long as you did.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Firepa63,

Hope you stay around on this site. Perhaps, we need a new forum section for Camry Hybrids. My wife and I have been looking at them, too; also the Prius C. That Camry sure has a big trunk, though. I think it might be worth the loss of a few mpg to get a little bigger sedan.

In any case, drop back in after you get a few miles on the Camry. I, for one, would like to hear how it compares to the Prius.

Good luck!
Phoenix

1 - 7 of 7 Posts