Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Fire Elemental said:
I'm planning on buying a Prius, but I have noticed that the navigation system is not available in Canada! I really want the navigation system so I figure I have two options.
  • 1. Buy a US model Prius and pay a crapload of cash to import it modify it to meet the Canadian standards, and jump through all the legal hoops
    2. Buy the Navigation system parts and figure out how to install them myself

I figure the best option is obviously #2, so does anyone know how to do this, or if it is even possible? Better yet, would the dealer be able to do it? There is a fully loaded prius just sitting on the lot waiting for me to buy it, but I want a navigation system damnit!
Fire Elemental:
The US NAV system does have a section of Canadian maps covering the whole country. Post your address (or at least the city and province) and then we can check whether it can find your house.

· Registered
12 Posts
Canadian NAV

Fire Elemental said:
Try turner drive milton ontario. It's a fairly new street.
My 2004 NAV found Milton, ON okay but it says there is no Turner Dr. It did however find two other Turner Drives in southern Ontario but neither was within 50 miles of Milton. So, I guess the DVD map v. 3.2 is out of date for your city.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.