Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
ehurtley said:
What 'Canadian standards' does it not meet already? You can have the dealer turn on daytime running lights.
When my friend returned from many years of working in the States he brought three vehicles with him. Each one cost him several thousand dollars and several months to get to Canadian standards. Including;
- French/English labels (i.e. tire pressure information in the doors)
- Air bag modifications
- Spedometer calibrated to KM/H
- Odometer changed to KM
- Changes to the emission systems
- Daylight Running Lights
- There was some major part that need to be replaced in his Caddie
- and other things I do not remember

In the Prius you would also have to have it programmed to read l/100 KM instead of MPH and probably reprogrammed to have French menus also. So before going that route I would get estimates from a local shop. My friend did all of his at the local Canadian Tire.

· Registered
8 Posts
ehurtley said:
What 'Canadian standards' does it not meet already? You can have the dealer turn on daytime running lights.
When my friend returned from many years of working in the States he brought three vehicles with him. Each one cost him several thousand dollars and several months to get to Canadian standards. Including;
- French/English labels (i.e. tire pressure information in the doors)
- Air bag modifications
- Spedometer calibrated to KM/H
- Odometer changed to KM
- Changes to the emission systems
- Daylight Running Lights
- There was some major part that need to be replaced in his Caddie
- and other things I do not remember

In the Prius you would also have to have it programmed to read l/100 KM instead of MPH and probably reprogrammed to have French menus also. So before going that route I would get estimates from a local shop. My friend did all of his at the local Canadian Tire.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.