Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To my shock and scare -- I was accelerating on the freeway when I saw my speed read 109! Then I realized it was in kilometers and toggled back to miles per hour.

I just got my Prius back from the dealer for the 5000 mile service. I guess one of the mechanics inadvertently toggled the KM/H, MPH button under the MFD.

Anyway, thought this might serve as a pretty good practical joke (or ruse) for your passengers the next time you demo the Prius.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
ym4949 said:
To my shock and scare -- I was accelerating on the freeway when I saw my speed read 109! Then I realized it was in kilometers and toggled back to miles per hour.

I just got my Prius back from the dealer for the 5000 mile service. I guess one of the mechanics inadvertently toggled the KM/H, MPH button under the MFD.

Anyway, thought this might serve as a pretty good practical joke (or ruse) for your passengers the next time you demo the Prius.
Any time my wife gets on my case about speeding, I hit that button. I only speed in two places in town, and even then only because they are steep hills, with artificially slow limits. You have to ride the brakes pretty hard to keep from exceeding it. (Downshifting two gears in my manual, or 'B' mode in the Prius is NOT enough to hold below the limit.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts