Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During an extreme cold spell, I had difficulty getting my door locked (and then opened) with keyless entry...after several tries it finally worked...common problem? Ideas?

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Blenderb said:
During an extreme cold spell, I had difficulty getting my door locked (and then opened) with keyless entry...after several tries it finally worked...common problem? Ideas?
I notice in the cold I may have to jiggle the door handle a couple of times before the car senses the key and unlocks. I can't think of why temperature would affect this, but it seems to.

Be aware that a cell phone next to the fob will also interfere with the signal.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hep said:
Blenderb said:
I notice in the cold I may have to jiggle the door handle a couple of times before the car senses the key and unlocks. I can't think of why temperature would affect this, but it seems to.

Be aware that a cell phone next to the fob will also interfere with the signal.
If my cell phone is in my pocket with my FoB.. my doors will not unlock. I either end up reaching in my pocket and unlocking the door, or pulling out my phone and trying again.

I've had the car in cold snowy weather.. no effects.. no door issues.. mm..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.