Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Prius key chain in the mail box today....yipee....So cool!. :D .so exciting.....I have been on the line waiting my Prius since......uhm...three weeks ago.....only 6 more months to go. :cry: ....

·
Registered
299 Posts
After 3 months of waiting, they sent me a key chain on a card that said, "Your order has been confirmed". It only took 3 months!!! And in the end, I got a call that the option package I orders was no longer available!!!

I do like the key chain though!

·
Registered
10 Posts
It took them 3 months for them to say that your order had been confirmed? We ordered 3 months ago and we haven't even received a key chain yet. That is making me sad, and wondering whether or not we will ever receive one. Are you in the Gulf States region??

·
Registered
215 Posts
Was the keychain a standard gift for ALL prius purchases EVERYWHERE?
If that's the case, on top of being lying greedy bastards, my dealership didn't even give me the keychain. I ended up seeing one on ebay a while back though and bought it for $6. I really like it. Kinda snazzy :D

Oh yeah, and, TO HELL with Elmore Toyota in Westminster, CA (Orange County) :evil:

·
Registered
10 Posts
We got our keychain today!! I couldn't believe it when I checked my mail. There it was. Now the big question is how long does it take for the car to follow. May I inquire as to which package was no longer available?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Mage, I didn't get one either. I think maybe our salespeople are walking around flashing our keychains on their own keyrings!

But better than the keychain...I have the car! :p

Here's hoping everybody's wait is as short and bearable as possible.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Arvin, if you Google for "prius keychain", then select the "image" button, you should see pics of both the prius I and prius II keychains.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's seem to me that the key chain send directly from Toyota... When I got me key chain, I was so excited that I forgot to check the mail bag to see where did it mailed from. The bag contain a commercial note with the Prius and some message that said Toyota receive your request ....blah
blah....The key attached to the note. Any way I feel like that if I didn't get the key chain right away, it seem like Toyota dealer didn't enter the order, since the bag send to my home address. Either that or Toyota have come up with another brilliant sale marketing. This could be the norm for future ordered car, manuafacture would send to customer a momentoues of some thing with such as their ordered package with their first choice of color..like a clock or a key chain with cool eye catching graphic, or a miniature cast car or something.. that would be total cool.

When I got my key chain, I feel like a kid got a candy...even my kids 3 and 8 daughters were fighting with me to get their hand on it too.

So exciting. Now that the possibility of able to own a 2005 Prius seem within my reach, financially speaking (I got a big big... I am talking hug raise last week).

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm pretty sure that gifts for waiting customers is standard for people who order, and wait for, Minis. And they get many cool things :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
TechnoMage said:
I didn' get no steenkin' keychain; had to order it myself. It's still cool; ordered one for my wife as well.
Where does one order a keychain? I've still got about a month left to go, but I've been waiting for maybe 2-3 months and I'd like preparation in the event that I don't get a keychain for whatever reason ;).

·
Registered
78 Posts
bradca21 said:
Was the keychain a standard gift for ALL prius purchases EVERYWHERE?
If that's the case, on top of being lying greedy bastards, my dealership didn't even give me the keychain. I ended up seeing one on ebay a while back though and bought it for $6. I really like it. Kinda snazzy :D

Oh yeah, and, TO HELL with Elmore Toyota in Westminster, CA (Orange County) :evil:
Another candidate for the lying greedy etc. award is RK Toyota in Hampton, VA. I'm not saying never to buy from them, but be prepared for the old sleazy car-salesman hustle. Not for the faint of heart (and no keychain, either). :(

·
Registered
381 Posts
LeVautRien said:
Where does one order a keychain? I've still got about a month left to go, but I've been waiting for maybe 2-3 months and I'd like preparation in the event that I don't get a keychain for whatever reason ;).
This is the tricky part... unless someone else knows of a more direct approach... :)

I got in through the "buyatoyota.com" site, entered my zip code, selected a dealer, hit the "Owner's Only" link, logged in (I had created a login already), selected my car, and then clicked on the "Purchase Toyota Apparel" link. Once in the site, I used "item search", entered the keyword "Prius", hit "Go!", and it brought up a list of 3 items.

Prius T-Shirt $22.45 (69) L, XL, XXL
Prius "Protect the Earth" Glass $8.45 (107)
Hybrid Synergy Drive® Key Tag $3.70 (419)

Numbers in parenthesis are the listed available quantities at the moment. I ordered one of each... each... for my wife and I. 8)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got my keychain last night! My wife thought I had won the lottery, the way I was acting.

I must admit, after all this time I was wondering if I was one of those that would never get one.

Now if I can just get the car... Sounds like it's taking around 2 months from receiving the keychain.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Key fob

Hmmm, we picked up our car Saturday, and the finance officer gave my wife a box with what looked like a key fob. I didn't see it closely, and thought it was just a dealer fob. I'll have to look at it tonight when I get home.

Dennis B. Swaney

1 - 20 of 33 Posts