Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,328 Posts
Gitty Up,
Please report back after you've put your filter in. Please take particular note of snugness of fit compared to the OEM. Also, if you can look at the intake at the time of change and after a few thousand miles with the K&N. I'm not sure power/fuel efficiency are worth commenting on as these are so variable this early, but if you have a subjective opinion that will be helpful too.
--evan

· Registered
1,328 Posts
gitty up said:
efusco...have you figured out how to view the pictures yet? On my computer they are small pictures in the thread, then you click on them and enlarge them. If you still can't open them, let me know and I will email them to you.
I can't veiw them at all...of course if the 2004 is different it might not make a difference. Still, if you can e-mail to [email protected] that would be great.
--evan

· Registered
1,328 Posts
I wish I knew how to make a picture to describe why the concept of increased air flow does not, necessarily, mean that the filter is more porous.

I guess the best way to think about it is this....
If you take a 6" x 6" piece of paper and make 1" circles on it there will still be a lot of paper left. If you take the same size paper and make honeycomb shaped holes in it with just thin walls in between but of the same 1" diameter you will increase flow of all particles less than 1" diameter, but still stop anything greater than 1" diameter just like the circular holes would do.

Does that make sense?

Now, I'm NOT saying that that is exactly how the K&N filters work, but conceptually that is the logic of how you could increase air flow without increasing the size of particles allowed to pass through.
--evan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.