Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we're in our snazzy silver Prius, my husband always has his eyes on the screen. That's fine, when I'm driving, but I worry a little bit that when he's in the car alone he might be so entranced by the info on the screen that he might not be as aware of what's happening on the highway. Any reports of Prius accidents because of driver watching the screen?

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
after a while, you stop looking at it, or at least only look at it when you are at a safe stop somewhere...

if it's that distracting, you can turn the screen off. However, you will not get the benefits of the driver biofeedback where the info teaches you how to drive more efficiently...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was in an accident!

I was in an accident, and not because I was looking at the screen. So 20y/o kid was racingn his accura while iwas doing 60 mph in the right lane. He lost control of his vehicle, and spun out and T-boned me in the driver's, spinning me around 180 degrees. At one point I though the on coming trafic was going to hit me, thank goodness he hit me hard enough to send me spinning into the trees at the side of the road. My Prius is still in the shop, almost 3 weeks now. The Prius held up well in the accident, not even the windows were broken. I have over $8000 worth of damage, but it is a very well built car.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I am glad you are ok! Did any airbags deploy?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Re: I was in an accident!

kchan2752 said:
...T-boned me in the driver's, spinning me around 180 degrees. At one point I though the on coming trafic was going to hit me, thank goodness he hit me hard enough to send me spinning into the trees at the side of the road. ..
:shock: :shock: :shock:
HUGS to you, your passenger, and your little Prius! Goodness, the fright! SO thankful you are ok!

·
Registered
115 Posts
First week I looked at the screen alot in the low traffic or straight-aways. Now I rarely look at it. I think I pretty much have figured out how to drive ti efficiently. I am getting 58 MPG which is good enough for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts