Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently, there was street cleaning this morning. I so hate this city.

Anyway, will being towed with the parking brake on going to cause damage?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
it really depends on the toe truck. If you got lucky and got a flat-bed, probably not.... Otherwise, the rear wheels would either leave a trail of rubber, or worse, overheat from the constant friction

But you were quite probably also in 'park' which could potentially be more damaging if the front wheels were involved.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since the city is the culprit, I have to believe they at least used a truck that pulled the front tires off the ground. So, worst case, I guess I'll have to replace the rear brake pads and rotors, hopefully not the drums or parking brake. Just what I want to do for a new car.

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
370 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
The Toe Truck is a Seattle land mark If I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a fantastic pic.

For posterity sake - I drove the car home from the impound lot, and I didn't notice any problems. They used a "rollback" (flatbed) truck, according to the impound lot. One crisis averted.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
mr.fadedglory said:
Since the city is the culprit, I have to believe they at least used a truck that pulled the front tires off the ground. So, worst case, I guess I'll have to replace the rear brake pads and rotors, hopefully not the drums or parking brake. Just what I want to do for a new car.

Thanks for the reply
The rear brake system is strictly drum/shoes. No disc/pads there. So, if the rear wheels were able to and were forced to turn, the drum/shoes would get wear.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
mr.fadedglory said:
That is a fantastic pic.

For posterity sake - I drove the car home from the impound lot, and I didn't notice any problems. They used a "rollback" (flatbed) truck, according to the impound lot. One crisis averted.
Avoid future problems. Park your Prius in the garage or in your driveway, not on your street. :)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
mr.fadedglory said:
That is a fantastic pic.

Avoid future problems. Park your Prius in the garage or in your driveway, not on your street. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts