Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be recieving my Prius either today or tommorrow!!! Can people give me as much info on the JBL system as they can or want!!! I have never had such a thing in one of my cars and I wondered how you load it and if the CD's must come out in the same order that they went in. Also is the sound quality good??

Thanks for answering my dumb questions!!

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
You'll find out soon enough, there's nothing tricky about it. Eject a CD by selecting it, then hitting eject. Load button loads the next available slot. There will even be a sticker telling you not to load a whole stack of CDs at once into the slot. Really. Oh, and don't use a hair dryer in the shower.

Sound quality is decent, not spectacular. Low end is missing, so a sub will help.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
If you want to load all at the same time, press and hold LOAD. If you wish you eject all CDs, press and hold the eject button. Otherwise, KTPhil's instruction works for single CD selection/loading/ejection

·
Registered
669 Posts
In the spirit of the sticker, all at once really means one right after the other, not in a big stack..... :) And don't try to put a canary in there either!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Astrowoman said:
...And don't try to put a canary in there either!
And it goes without saying that you shouldn't stow your oil rag in there either. It might get sucked in and cause unexpected ICE shutdown.

So I won't say it...

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I enjoy my JBL system. That is one of the reasons I went with package 5 instead of 4. I also wanted the auto dimming mirror but couldn't afford the rest of the stuff in 6.

Anyway, the JBL has good mid and high range, but low range is a bit limited. Bring a few CDs with you when you go pick up your vehicle and load them in before you take off. That way you can play with it a little on the drive home.

The eject and load buttons are on the front panel of the CD player. As was stated above, pressing eject once without holding will eject the currently selected disc (lights on front of radio indicate which is selected) or the one that is currently playing. Depending on what mode you were in before you started to pay CDs and then eject, the radio may revert back to the last known radio station, or it may turn it off. I haven't done a lot of ejecting or loading so I'm not sure which situation leads to last station recall or radio off. Loading one disc means pressing the load button and the system will take on disc at a time into empty spaces in sequential order.

If you wish to eject all discs press and hold eject until it beeps and all disks will come out one at a time. As soon as you remove a disc from the slot it will bring the next disc up to eject. It will not however just spit out discs at you.

Loading the entire player is as simple as pressing and holding the Load button until the system beeps and it will continue to accept discs until it is full.

You can select different discs from the MFD by going into audio, pressing the CD button on the front panel of the player and then selecting the illuminated disc number you want to play.

You can also select different discs by using the steering wheel button. If you momentarily press the up and down buttons it will go track up and down. However, if you press and hold until you hear a beep the up and down buttons the system will change discs.

The JBL system also has a tape player. It is a very nice logic control unit with music skip built in. I have a number of tapes I enjoy and I would consider it one of the better vehicle tape players out there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Jeromep!!!! The advice was great and I will surely try it out tommorrow when I pick up my Prius!!!

I wish the rest of the folks that responded to this thread would have put knowledge down and not some stupid answers!!!!! GROW UP

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
gasma, I posted helpful information, yet you call my post "stupid"? Don't expect any more help, from myself, or probably others who see your snitty, ungrateful attitude.

I think you should take your own advice and grow up before you post again. Oh, and RTFM.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The sarcasm that is found in this string of requests is stupid and ridiculous. I just feel that it is unecessary for people to put stupid things up there that make no sense because they feel a person has asked a stupid question.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Five posts and you feel you can tell the rest of the posters what attitude is acceptable here?

Diggin' it deeper and deeper...

·
Registered
19 Posts
The sound advice here ('scuse the pun) is great, but I read all the threads even when I don't care about the topic (like this one) just so I can read the "stupid" answers. :lol: It's like being able to drop in at a party without having to get all gussied up first.

Oh, and I don't read the "stupid" answers as indicating that the question was stupid at all. There "serious" answers are given, people are just having fun with each other.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
gasma said:
The sarcasm that is found in this string of requests is stupid and ridiculous. I just feel that it is unecessary for people to put stupid things up there that make no sense because they feel a person has asked a stupid question.
Lighten up Scott! The canary, and oil rag posts refer to past "being silly" threads. You are stepping into the middle of many ongoing conversations, and you are welcome to join in. It just may take a few days of "listening" to get the point of some of the playfullness. Don't take it personally. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts