Toyota Prius Forum banner

I've never been this excited about a car...am I nuts?

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  kabri 
#1 ·
I just bought my 2003 Prius 2 days ago and I love it. I acquired research from all of the various websites and then went to my local Toyota dealer to test drive it and I really fell in love with it after I took my first drive in it alone. I traded in my 2000 VW Passat, which was a near perfect car, but got very average mileage. After being inspired by reading how celebrities in Los Angeles,(where I live) namely Leonardo Dicaprio, universally praised this car I was particularly interested. I've always been concerned about the environment and have been involved in Forests Forever and recycling at home, but this was a real way I could make a contribution on the road. I actually got in my car last night to drive it with no destination in mind...just to familiarize myself with how it drives. An immense smile came across my face as I saw my mileage grow. It's easy to get obsessed with "squeezing the most out of the car" in terms of mileage as you watch the consumption display. I'm actually changing the way I drive to get better mileage...who knew? This car is fun to drive and has all the features you'd need. There's no reason every car on the road doesn't work this way. I feel like I've "come over from the darkside" from a gas only car. One feels almost enlightened and perhaps a little judgemental of the ubiquitous SUV seen so prominently throughout LA. I'm I nuts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.