Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a great moment of horror this afternoon in which I came to the realization that my fob was in fact still located in my pants pocket, which now happened to be located in the washer, which was currently on the spin cycle. :shock: After franticly pulling the pants out of the washer and the fob out of the pants, I thought my best course of action would be to take it all apart and let it dry and hope for the best. As I started my task of disassembly, removing the four screws that secured the battery compartment, I don't think I have ever been more happy in my life to see an O-ring. So... just a quick note to the rest of you that Toyota's forethought in engineering doesn't stop at the car, but also extends to it's key! Now, if only my forethought extended that far :roll:

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I tmay take a few days to truly know if it is completely waterproof. A rubber gasket does not necessarily make it waterproof, but may only make it a bit more resistant to water.

Water may have gotten in, and it may be a few days before it starts corroding the internal connections as it is drying out.

But hopefully that did not happen.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ran mine through the wash over a year ago. Detergent, fabric softener, and bleach. It still works fine. I didn't even take it apart to dry it.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
There is a rumor I'm starting that running the fob thru the washing machine & dryer increases mileage by 1 mpg.

Running both fobs thru, at the same time, increases mpg 2.5, as it is not linear, but lotta-rhythm. 8) boo-boop-de-doo...rim shot

·
Registered
393 Posts
An04Prius said:
There is a rumor I'm starting that running the fob thru the washing machine & dryer increases mileage by 1 mpg.

Running both fobs thru, at the same time, increases mpg 2.5, as it is not linear, but lotta-rhythm. 8) boo-boop-de-doo...rim shot
:lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts