Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a 7 month wait my Prius finally arrived. Even though I had requested a Tideland Pearl color, the Salsa Red(being almost identical with my previious Camry) was not really a bitter pill to swallow. They did delete the ashtray and the high-tech dashboard finish that I did not want.

I am now plowing through the manuals to see where everything is and how to operate the various refinements. I was given a finance rate of 3.49 APR that beat my credit Union and a provided a complimentary LoJack. In addition I paid only the cost of the vehicle without any premiums tacked on by some dealers.

Since the presence of the keyless entry device unlocks the car, I will have to figure out how to keep things locked when I am in the presence of the vehicle and do not wish to enter. Does it automatically lock after no entry is made withing a period of time? Time to wade through another few pages of the manual.

No longer waiting for my Prius. :D :D :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
smart entry/start

From my experience the smart entry will only unlock if u physically touch the back of the door handles (passenger and driver side front). As you approach the vehicle the interior lights come on, but unlocking only happens when u reach to pull on the door handles. It's VERY cool. Plus if u do not physically open the doors the system will relock everything after about 30 seconds. I LOVE my #7 Seaside Pearl and not having to deal with keys is fabulous. Enjoy your future car...today. Keep looking at these forums for more answers to questions, I've learned SO much here and other places. Drive fun, drive clean, drive Prius! 8)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts