Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would let you know that my lovely Seaside Pearl Prius arrived yesterday. :)

I had so much fun driving it, I didn't get to post yesterday!! :shock:

So far, I am getting just over 44 mpg - I know it will improve, but it is SO MUCH better than the 15 I was getting with my F-150 :lol:

I have put up a few pics on my website, feel free to take a look!! it is at http://www.sjhorse.com/prius/prius.htm

I am planning to get the Environmental Protection Package on very soon..

-------------------------------------------
2005 Seaside Pearl #6 w/etched glass

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
What is the "Environmental Protection Package"? If it's a dealer applied "wax job" I recommend that you wax it yourself and save a bunch of money. That's just my opinion...

By the way, I'm sure you'll enjoy the car!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It Came Yesterday!

The Enviromental Protection Package comes in 2 varieties. The first is for the glass and is a Diamond Crystal finish that is put on . It resembles Rain-X, but won't wash off. It is supposed to last 4-5 years and hardens the glass against pitting and cracking.

The second part of it covers the paint and interior. For the exterior, it helps again damage from acid rain, bugs, chips and pitting. The interior part is similar to Scotch-guarding, and supposedly spills will just wipe off.

I am interested in the glass and exterior mostly. It takes several hours to put on so the car has to be left at the dealer's for a day.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this??

2005 Seaside Pearl #6 w/ etched glass

·
Registered
35 Posts
thats a beautiful car!! enjoy it! i picked up my salsa red almost 1 month ago.......but i must agree.......those extra options from the dealer are just rainx (maybe a stronger version) & a wax job..... in florida i think it must be the toyo guard..... mine was bought without & i dont think there is any real difference!
i think u can just do it yourself......

my main concern would be to get an invisible bra & some tint......
that would protect your car from chipping in the front & bugs.... & the tint would cool u off better....

& later u can add more goodies......i bought the exact mats from metrotpn, mudflaps......
have fun with your car....& learn the new way to drive!! be careful of those obnoxious drivers....... :lol:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Re: It Came Yesterday!

PhotoLady said:
Does anyone have any thoughts on this??
Sounds like the Toyogard package under a new name.

Paint protectant, interior stain protection, VIN etched in windows, etc. I have it, and I'm not unhappy...

·
Registered
919 Posts
I'm happy too, especially since I received a card at 6 months to come in for paint guard and interior cleaning, and I never paid for it!!! Seems like I'll get a card every 6 months for 36 months. Who am I to complain?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts