Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in an area that sometimes has very hot weather, and for those times that I just run into a store and back out, I would like to leave it running with the A/C going (yes, yes, don't start!), and locking the vehicle. Has anyone come up with a possible solution for this?
2004 w/ #9.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well, I would assume that once you pull to the spot, hit park and put the e brake on... Open the door, get out, press the manual DOOR LOCK SWITCH on the inside of the door and then shut it. Of course, since you said #9 I'm assuming you are using your SE/SS so you can take the key with you. Depending on if you can walk up to it and do the SE while it's running, I dunno, but there is the manual door key in your fob so you could still get in!

·
Registered
623 Posts
You can lock the car while it is running by using the mechanical key. The key will lock all the doors (assuming they are all closed). You then re-open the door by again using the mechanical key. (Which at this point might only open the driver's door - I am not certain on this point.)

I did this all during the coldest winter weather, though for the opposite reason: to let the cab warm up before driving it.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
singpilot said:
SW Oregon?

Hot?

OK, OK, I guess maybe so.
Yes, SW Oregon gets very hot. Medford regularly reaches 100 during the summers. SE Oregon is as bad or worse, being in the high desert. Heck, even Portland has been exceptionally hot this year. (One stretch of about a week over 90, and we're in the middle of another such stretch.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts