Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what might be the most popular Prius color? What color do you have? Did you choose or take what you could get?

I just discovered this cool car and the first one I saw was white.
VERY PRETTY I think. I've yet to see every color in person :) I'm paying attention to cars now for the first time in my life trying to spot a Prius.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I believe the most common color is silver. However, some folks may have taken delivery on a silver Prius because there are more cars of that color produced… it may not have been their first color choice. Having said that I have a silver 06 and it was my first color choice.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Hey, TomSwift,

You're right about the silver, at least for the '05 model. When I was getting my car last July, my salesman (also the dealer's inventory manager) had a chart on his wall with the production plans for the 3rd quarter, broken down 1st by exterior color, then sub-divided by the interior colors. The silver (only available with the gray inside) was at 35%. Next were the Salsa Red, Seaside, & Tideland (not necessarily in that order) at 15, 16, 17% (all with the tan only inside). I think Driftwood (with only the tan inside also) was 6% & I think the black was 5% (not sure how much of that 5% was gray inside & how much was tan). I KNOW for a fact that the white was only 6% & of that 6%, 5% had tan inside & 1% had gray inside. I remember positively because the color combination I was trying to get was white with gray (in a Pkg #4). That meant that if you took my 1% (white with gray) & divided that up by the 6 option Pkgs available to the public & the zero option Pkg (for only the rental car companies & municipal fleets)---7 Pkgs total---I only had about 1 1/2 TENTHS of a percent chance of getting what I wanted. My first dealer put no effort into look'g for me over 6 months time, but my 2nd dealer (Balise Toyota in W. Springfield, Mass) came through for me & got me my EXACT car in only 6 WEEKS.

I wonder how much differently that all breaks down this year with the chg from Salsa Red to Barcelona Red & from Tideland to Magnetic Gray, & with the addition of the Silver Pine Mica. And also the additional choice of 2 interiors for some of the ones that only came one way last year.

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

·
Registered
17 Posts
My Seaside w/gray interior was my first choice. I test drove a Silver and could have bought it on the spot. I chose to wait the promised 3 weeks for my first choice. It was delivered right on time.

In the 3 months since delivery, my perception is that I see more Seaside than any other color.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
The green that isn't (Tideland Pearl) will now be a collectors item since it's been discontinued.

:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ct. Ken V said:
I KNOW for a fact that the white was only 6% & of that 6%, 5% had tan inside & 1% had gray inside. I remember positively because the color combination I was trying to get was white with gray (in a Pkg #4). That meant that if you took my 1% (white with gray) & divided that up by the 6 option Pkgs available to the public & the zero option Pkg (for only the rental car companies & municipal fleets)---7 Pkgs total---I only had about 1 1/2 TENTHS of a percent chance of getting what I wanted.
Ken (in Bolton,Ct)
Ken,

You're probably not going to want to hear this, but when I started shopping around all the dealerships in the area for a white Prius, I just happened to find a dealer with White pkg 6 with gray interior on the lot that day. Needless to say I gave them my credit card # on the phone right away to make a deposit.

All in all I'm glad I ended up with the pkg 6, and almost wish I'd gone for a pkg 7 (NAV), but the immediate gratification of being able to drive off without going on a waiting list was a definite plus.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turning down silver coming in on the 2nd and also white because it has bisque interior and I want grey! I hate to be so picky BUT..... I'm selling my silver truck so wanted to change colors. Anybody want to buy a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 with 36.000 miles?:) :lol:

I told them today White OR Red as long as it has grey interior.

I thought the Silver Mica pine was pretty but haven't seen one .It would probably be impossible to get that color HERE! I thought I read that THAT color comes only with Pkg #8 Is that correct?

·
Registered
919 Posts
By some strike of luck, I had white, blue, silver, and red to choose from---on the lot when I went looking in March of 2005. I chose Seaside with ivory as the red was too maroon for me who loves a bright red car. This past week I saw the new red--much more to my liking but a little late in the making. Maybe by 2008 Toyota will offer a real red Prius!

·
Registered
199 Posts
When I went to test drive a year ago I totally had it in my head that I would be waiting a few weeks. The Salsa #6 on lot was sooooo pretty and I told the guy...I want one just like that but if not then the blue would be my second choice. While we were looking at the next shipment stats his partner came in and said didn't the loan fall out on that Salsa on Friday??

I took my "Cranberry" home the same day I test drove. I was so very happy and still am!

I have gotten very fond of the white too. UCSD uses them to do mail delivery and such on their very extensive campus. White with the Blue emblem looks very crisp.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bearing in mind not having a car yet, I think I fancy (in order of preference):

Tideland
Magnetic Grey
Seaside
Silver Pine
Black
Millenium Silver
Salsa Red
Barcelona Red
Driftwood
Classic Silver
Super White

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What color is Tideland?

The silver pine mica is very pretty. I didn't see one till the other day on the way to the dealership. It might of been a omen now I'm thinking that I should of picked the pine mica one.:( But I didn't... I took the white one.

The first choices were white or pine mica but i like grey interior and the white one had the grey.

Should be in tomorrow.Came into the port of Jacksonville Fl yesterday.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Tideland (which is an '04/'05 color....I'm looking at pre-owned as well as new) is sometimes descibed as "almost green" in that under certain lighting it doesn't look green at all.

I'd call it a dark forest green, I suppose.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tideland is lovely & its color varies with the light. I thought it was my favorite until I saw the magnetic gray which has the same chameleon effect - it's somewhere on the grey-black spectrum depending on the ambient light.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.