Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't purchased my Prius yet, but will probably place an order in the next couple of weeks for a 2006. I'm trying to decide what color I want to order and would love to see how folks have customized their's before I decide on a color. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :lol:

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
I know what you mean stranger. I have not seen or heard of one Prius that has been customized in a paint manner. Only wheels have been changed for "another" look, and this "mod" changes the cars performance. The car is "ripe" for customing and now that more of the populace are purchasing them and will be wanting something "different" I am sure "paint trim" will soon be available.

·
Registered
18 Posts
something like the Prius is best left alone when doing stuff like that. Toyota engineer's perfected it to the maximum performance of gas mileage. If you want to mod something go buy a honda. oh mine has double pinstrip but it came on the lot like that.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I have seen a couple customizations, but it may have been on PriusChat. I think green flames were painted on.

The pictures (or at least their links) may have been lost since PriusChat converted to a new software, and then months later crashed.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I assume we aren't including Sanny's magnetic peppers.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
something like the Prius is best left alone when doing stuff like that. Toyota engineer's perfected it to the maximum performance of gas mileage. If you want to mod something go buy a honda. oh mine has double pinstrip but it came on the lot like that.

I agree with the design of the Prius being left alone and I would not even consider adding "mudflaps" which would disturb the airflow, nor remove the plastic wheel rings for the same reason, but in a year or two Prius will be as common as sand fleas and paint is the least obtrusive to the design in the customizing process!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts