Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I am on the waiting list for a Prius T Spirit in the UK (fairly similar to package 9 in the US) and was wondering if the volume on the JBL audio system increases/decreases depending on speed. My current car (a Seat Toledo) does this and it is great. No fiddling with the volume going on the motorway or coming off.

Thanks in advance

Brian

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ambient noise

Is there much difference to the ambient noise inside the car from city speeds to motorway speeds. i.e. Does it need a automatic variable volume?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I think there is a difference, yes. I'm used to a stereo that does do speed-sensitive volume, and I miss it in the Prius. I usually have my Prius volume at 30 on the freeway, and drop to as low as 15 if I'm on residential streets in electric-only mode. (20-25 on faster city streets.)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Quick, somebody drop a line to Coastal Dave........ I wanna buy a bunch of stuff from him as soon as I can afford the XM unit, and the speed/volume sensory thing sounds great, like what my Corvette had, except the bonus would be that Costal's would probably work better than the GM doohicky ever did...

:D

·
Registered
425 Posts
The Navigation gets louder above 85KM/H in Europe if you switch on the speed sensitivity. Ive not noticed it with the radio/cd/tape.

G

·
0 Posts
not in Europe

Speed does not influence audio volume on Europese Prius (pity).
NAV volume indeed follows speed (above 55 miles/hr)
Jan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts