Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's going on with Coastal Tech?
I'm beginning to have serious doubts about how professional Coastal Tech is, and am wondering whether they have shut down their business?

About two months ago I placed an order for an EV kit plus a door lock kit over their online ordering, which of course means I gave them email and credit card info etc...
Since then, I have not received the products (order placed 8 weeks ago) a confirmation email, anything in the mail, or any kind of communications. I emailed them repeatedly, no response. I called the 800 #, and only ever get the messaging service.
I'm sorry to say, their products may be nice, but if you don't receive them...
This is about the worst kind of professional, or rather un-professional behavior I have ever come across in a business, or someone who is trying to run a business.

So what gives? Can anyone confirm that they are still in business?

·
Registered
508 Posts
There was a thread in the Q&A forum regarding Coastal's customer service that got pretty heated a few weeks ago. (My opinion on the topic was somewhere in the middle.) I see now that that thread has mysteriously disappeared. Although he rarely makes an appearance, Coastal Dave is allegedly the moderator of the Q&A forum. hmmm...

·
Registered
669 Posts
I would really, really, REALLY not want to see that thread start up all over again here where the forum is unmoderated. I sense the grinding of axes and its making me grind my teeth.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I'm willing to BEG that this thread not continue. The mule was well flogged in a prior thread. It's dead in the traces. Cut the poor dead animal loose, and let's move on. :roll:

·
Registered
508 Posts
I would agree, but I gotta point out I think it's pretty uncool of an administrator to delete a thread that was critical of himself. If that thread still existed, then agreed, stop flogging. The information is there, and people can choose to read it and agree or disagree. But, since it was expunged, c'mon. I like Dave and his stuff, but I really think that's underhanded. If a thread is played out, then lock it, but don't delete it. That's just shady.

·
Registered
93 Posts
MGBGT said:
So what's going on with Coastal Tech?
I'm beginning to have serious doubts about how professional Coastal Tech is, and am wondering whether they have shut down their business?
Sunday April 24th I ordered the EV, Door Lock and XM Radio. I received everything on the 29th.

Bob

·
Registered
31 Posts
I too recently ordered the mud flaps and they came very quickly...with a box of Jelly Belly Jelly Beans too! What a nice surprise.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I just wish he'd realize how often we have to defend him and his business.

When we point out his shortcomings, he gets defensive and doesn't take ownership of his shortcomings. I know we are human, but admit your shortfall and improve.

But just to let newcomers know, he is honest, and won't charge your creditcard until he ships. He may take a long time to ship, but he will eventually ship.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts