Toyota Prius Forum banner

Is the cloth covering your center counsel coming apart?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About the only warrenty repair I've had has been the cloth covering the lid of the center counsel separating from the lid where the latch is located.

I had the lid replaced and have the same problem happening again.

Evertime I see a used '04 Prius a a dealer's showroom I check and, with out exception, notice the cloth covering separating from the lid of the center counsel where the latch is located.

How about you?

Has Toyota Fixed this?

Trey :roll:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I voted "no" because the replacement lid still has the cloth coverering in place. The original one started coming apart pretty much on the way home from the dealer when I picked up the car. When I complained I was told the lids were backordered and delivery time was several weeks due to high demand :roll:
I keep my fingers crossed for the new one! 8)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Yes, mine is fine... I covered it on day 1 with a guinness bar towel... underneath it still looks good as new.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Treydot said:
...of the center counsel ...
But mine doesn't have a lawyer in the middle... maybe Sanny's does? :wink: :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Mineis fine after 2 months, but my SO bought me a console cover from eBay as a new car gift.

·
Registered
209 Posts
My center console cover is fine after 13 months and 21000 miles. I have a Beanie Baby raccoon perched there, though he falls off regularly, as my mascot. (I hit a raccoon when the car was 5 days old and bashed up the whole front grill & air dam). I think Ringo is karmically protecting my console.

However, the paint on the rear bumper cover shows every single time it kissed the license plate of a car I was parking in front of. That's annoying.

Susan

·
Registered
298 Posts
Mine stated coming loose withing weeks. Is that covered under warrenty? I've had my car a little over a year now.

·
Registered
133 Posts
OK- if you don't want to do the whole interior in leather, stop by an auto upholstry shop and have them cover just the console lid and solve the problem once and for all. And it is easy to keep clean then too. Probably cost less than $50.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
My armrest upholstery came loose as described above after 3-4 months. The dealer had the part in stock in the right color. Took about 20 min to replace the armrest, under warranty.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
6 months and counting. Nothing yet.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
I just realized the title of this thread, so let me respond now.
22K and no problem with console cover, other than some dirt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts