Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - I've had my 2004 for about 10 weeks now. I'm concerned about mileage, and from the sounds of others, its a topic that has many of us disappointed. But I think my situation may be different. I get 42 in town, very consistently. I'm in Savannah so it's rarely cold. I get 47 on the road, very consistently. In town, the gasoline engine runs when I think it shouldn't. It often runs when I'm stopped. The gasoline engine ALWAYS kicks in by the time I accelerate (gently) to 10mph. I can be crawling through a parking lot at 10 mph with the gasoline engine running. I drive very conservatively. My dealer says there is nothing wrong with the car. Is anyone else experiencing this?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks and further info on tire pressure

Thanks everyone - You've been much more helpful than anyone at my Toyota dealer or the Toyota 800 #! I'm going to recommend they check out this site to keep up to date. My only question is about the tire inflation. I've heard Tom and Ray Magliazzi caution against running higher tire pressure due to safety issues. Would the 40-42 pressure recommended on this list be a safety issue?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.