Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,536 Posts
Check the coastal tech announcement topic on PriusOnline. I think there was some discussion there about whether this (or another proposed mod) would work to interface the iPod.

::::later update::::
I've been searching for the Coastal Tech announcement thread, and I don't find it. Maybe it was a victim of the recent hack. It must be somewhere...

· Registered
6,624 Posts
As of yet, there is no IPod adapter from Coastal. He used to have a video demo of the upcoming mod on his site: coastaltech.com, but I don't know if it is still there since he started taking orders for the viewtech (was going to say shipping, but I don't think they are shipping yet).

So, no integrated IPod mod yet from Coastal, but when it does come out, it will be cool.

· Registered
1,536 Posts
Re: Vais Tech iPod Interface

BobR said:
It is expensive for sure, but seems to be the best interface I've seen....

http://www.vaistech.com/home.html
OUCH!! :!: You're right, that's expensive. But unless Coastal comes out with something shortly, that's about the best solution I've seen, too. It's just what I've been looking for, but the price is awful! :shock:

· Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ohh, I like it though, anybody out there try it? If it works well, they the price is fine. It isn't a cheap car and the iPod wasn't cheap either, sometimes you gotta pay for what you want.

Spike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.