Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Check the coastal tech announcement topic on PriusOnline. I think there was some discussion there about whether this (or another proposed mod) would work to interface the iPod.

::::later update::::
I've been searching for the Coastal Tech announcement thread, and I don't find it. Maybe it was a victim of the recent hack. It must be somewhere...

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
As of yet, there is no IPod adapter from Coastal. He used to have a video demo of the upcoming mod on his site: coastaltech.com, but I don't know if it is still there since he started taking orders for the viewtech (was going to say shipping, but I don't think they are shipping yet).

So, no integrated IPod mod yet from Coastal, but when it does come out, it will be cool.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Re: Vais Tech iPod Interface

BobR said:
It is expensive for sure, but seems to be the best interface I've seen....

http://www.vaistech.com/home.html
OUCH!! :!: You're right, that's expensive. But unless Coastal comes out with something shortly, that's about the best solution I've seen, too. It's just what I've been looking for, but the price is awful! :shock:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ohh, I like it though, anybody out there try it? If it works well, they the price is fine. It isn't a cheap car and the iPod wasn't cheap either, sometimes you gotta pay for what you want.

Spike

·
Registered
7 Posts
what about this?

Has anyone tried this?

http://www.carplayer.com

It simply plugs into the CD changer port on the back of the stock radio. It seems simple enough, but I'm worried about what it will do to the warranty or if it could hurt the car.

Any ideas or additional information?

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
No problems with warranty, esp if it plugs into the accessory input of the header, as it seems to do. Probably emulates the CD changer accessory (AVC ID CD2)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts