Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Do you have a cassette deck? If so, the simplest way is to get a cassette adaptor and plug the iPod into it. I picked up a Sony at Best Buy for $19.95, and it works great. I just put the iPod in my cupholder inside the protective case I bought for it. There are actual iPod mounts available that fit in cupholders or attach to your dash. You'll probably want to get an iPod car adaptor power supply to keep the iPod going if you're driving long distances with it. If you don't have a cassettte deck, you can try one of the FM transmitters available for the iPod, but they don't sound as good in my experience and are highly dependent on where you live, how many radio stations are in your local listening area, and where you put it in your car. I have been waiting for some news of an auxilliary input jack adaptor for the Prius but to this day have not heard of one that has actually been released and works with the 2004-2005 Prius. Since my BC Prius has a CD changer, I fully expect that it won't work on my car anyway, since most of the auxilliary audio-in adaptors that I've seen seem to need/use the "unused" input from a CD changer. I'm not giving up my changer for the iPod. Maybe they can use the unused satellite radio input on my car? If anyone knows of a released/functional iPod adaptor for the Prius, I'm all ears...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yeah, I do the same. I find that the best sound quality this way is to turn the iPod to about 25% volume and then turn the cars up. I also put it in the front cup holder. Works great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts