Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swore I read the 2008 had IPOD connection but after looking around I see people selling IPOD gadgets. I bought a 4GB Scandisk for my phone so I could hold MP3's and play in the car but now I am wondering if I even have an IPOD connection???

You know, for a Touring Package 5 price this car really is pretty slim on luxury and accessories

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think you should open up your owners manual and read it. You are incorrect and don't know how to use your own car :mrgreen: unless you got a stripped down car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JLG said:
I think you should open up your owners manual and read it. You are incorrect and don't know how to use your own car :mrgreen: unless you got a stripped down car.
As I posted before and I guess I should of repeated myself here, I bought the car but have not taken it home yet because I am having the dealer install leather and a few other options. So no manual and no idea is right.

So what am I wrong about? It does or does not have an IPOD connection?

·
Registered
5 Posts
You do... It would be located in the center console of the car, between the two front seats. it should be labeled "aux" for auxiliary audio jack, you just need to supply the physical ipod and connect it, this will enable it to play thru your stereo system in the car

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Hi, JLG,

I wish you hadn't been so harsh with Kingetula. In your defense, you had no way of know'g that he hadn't taken delivery of his car yet (which he subsequently informed you of), but he did say it was a Touring pkg 5 in his original post. I don't think that pkg is anywhere near stripped down!!

I have found myself on occassion getting ready to send a "bashing" response to a poster, but upon re-read'g the original post I caught something I missed on the 1st read that now made my answer either not necessary or a lot gentler. Please take my comment to you lightly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you have a iPod and want full on-screen menus on your MFD for all functions, coastaletech.com has a pretty good device for plugging into your Prius. Otherwise any MP3 player or portable device (MyFi XM etc) works great as an AUX input through your stereo.

GT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts