Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPDATE!
We now have more than fifty signups, so we are going to be getting the lowest possible price of $221.99. It doesn't get any lower than this, no matter how many people we get on board, so sign up right away if you're waiting for a rock-bottom deal. I offer my sincere thanks to all of you that comitted to buying so that we could get to this point.

You have until midnight, Monday night to sign up! This deal expires at Mon Sep 26 23:59:59 EDT 2005!

Hello all,
hybrideyes recently had great success in arranging a group discount for the purchase of a Vais Tech AIC-100i iPod hookup kit in the HUGE Discount on the Only iPod Interface That Works 100%! thread. I have somehow fallen into a coordination role for the next group buy.

I had been replying in the thread linked above, but it was suggested that a new thread be started for this purchase. So, here it is.

What we have going on is that several different sites setting up mass buys of the AIC-100i. This includes this site, priusonline.com, toyota-4runner.org, toyotanation.com, and siennaclub.org, plus at least four (maybe many more) Prius-owners at my office that are now interested.

There are already 36 signups as I write this, giving us a price of $242.99 each, which is $127 off the retail price, and only $20 over the floor price of 50+ units!

It sounds like Eugene need about three weeks or so to fill his current backlog of orders. So, to take the best advantage of this lag time, and the fact that several sites are trying to get people to participate, what I've done is setup a signup page so that there is a central location for everyone, from all the various origins, to put down their name for this great deal. This way we can have an easily maintained, public, authoritative list.

So, if you missed the chance from hybrideyes, please sign up through that link to indicate your interest and be counted. I'd love to get the same discount as the last group (90 units!) got.

Please click the signup link if you need any additional information. You can also email me at [email protected]. Thanks for signing up!

·
Registered
12 Posts
So far how many people do we have as of right now??? I saw that after I did it two more people joined the list, so not so sure also if when you posted this thread I was the last one signing the list :lol: .

Thanks again

·
Registered
87 Posts
iPod Nano

I know nothing of the Nano except that it is FLASH memory which I desire. So.... will this interface a Nano to the Prius?
Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
54 Posts
Re: iPod Nano

Jim Biggs said:
I know nothing of the Nano except that it is FLASH memory which I desire. So.... will this interface a Nano to the Prius?
There's absolutely no reason why it shouldn't work, but I'll confirm that on Monday when my adapter arrives.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We now have 51 signups, so we will be getting the best possible deal! If you've been waiting for the rock-bottom price, we have it now, so visit the signup page linked at the top to put your name on the list.

This deal will be expiring at the end of the month.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey datavortex,

Seems like the list is getting bigger and bigger with the addition of the people in the Lexus chat. Quick question We need to reach another Milestone (99+???) in order to get a bigger discount??? I have told anybody interested in having an interface that actually works for their ipods and their Toyotas and absolutely EVERYBODY is interested.

I think Coastal tech and Toyota itself are losing TONS of money for not offering this kind of interface in time or not offering it at all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Holy Crap, we're at 86 particpants!

Eugene tells me to expect a call in about 2 weeks, but I signed up like 5th so it will be longer for later partcipants but wow! ...now I need to build 99 playlists, that's gonna be hard

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
End of signups and update

We've got 88 signups right now, which equates to 108 units, since one guy is a reseller and wants 20 of them! This number is actally going to go down by 4 or 5, and has already been trimmed down by 12 - since unfortunately Lexus owners can't sign up with us for this deal. This came down from Eugene, and basically the problem is that the units are different enough, and differently priced apperantly. This is no fewer than 15 interested Lexus owners though, and this is without even posting in any of the Lexus forums myself, so I'm certain they will have no trouble getting their own group buy assembled.

Eugene also indicated he expects to cull a couple more people off the list due to harware incompatibilities. In the end, he and I both guarantee there will be more than fiftty easily, and I expect still more than 100 units total.

Eugene did ask me to end the group buy soon, which is a bit sooner than I had expected. I will respect his wishes of course, so the group buy is ending Monday night. This will be at exactly Mon Sep 26 23:59:59 EDT 2005!

So, if you haven't signed up yet, you have until then to do so! You've got 83 hours, then this one is over.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I joined yesterday, as Demetrio, this big deal, but I have to tell you that I live in Rome, Italy: is there any problem for having the i-Pod adapter shipped there? Also I do not understand how can I order and pay the AIC-100i. Thank you

datavortex said:
UPDATE!
We now have more than fifty signups, so we are going to be getting the lowest possible price of $221.99. It doesn't get any lower than this, no matter how many people we get on board, so sign up right away if you're waiting for a rock-bottom deal. I offer my sincere thanks to all of you that comitted to buying so that we could get to this point.

You have until midnight, Monday night to sign up! This deal expires at Mon Sep 26 23:59:59 EDT 2005!

Hello all,
hybrideyes recently had great success in arranging a group discount for the purchase of a Vais Tech AIC-100i iPod hookup kit in the HUGE Discount on the Only iPod Interface That Works 100%! thread. I have somehow fallen into a coordination role for the next group buy.

I had been replying in the thread linked above, but it was suggested that a new thread be started for this purchase. So, here it is.

What we have going on is that several different sites setting up mass buys of the AIC-100i. This includes this site, priusonline.com, toyota-4runner.org, toyotanation.com, and siennaclub.org, plus at least four (maybe many more) Prius-owners at my office that are now interested.

There are already 36 signups as I write this, giving us a price of $242.99 each, which is $127 off the retail price, and only $20 over the floor price of 50+ units!

It sounds like Eugene need about three weeks or so to fill his current backlog of orders. So, to take the best advantage of this lag time, and the fact that several sites are trying to get people to participate, what I've done is setup a signup page so that there is a central location for everyone, from all the various origins, to put down their name for this great deal. This way we can have an easily maintained, public, authoritative list.

So, if you missed the chance from hybrideyes, please sign up through that link to indicate your interest and be counted. I'd love to get the same discount as the last group (90 units!) got.

Please click the signup link if you need any additional information. You can also email me at [email protected]. Thanks for signing up!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sign-up list... my bad

Sorry about the number of times I show up. :oops:

I could not see the list until I exited Explorer and came back to it... D'oh!

Larry

·
Registered
30 Posts
Any chance of another group buy?

I've started discussing another group buy purchase with Eugene. I was coordinating this for the Prius group on Yahoo. Are there more people on PriusOnline.com who would be interested in another group purchase? I'm happy to coordinate this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts