Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am happy to say that I too am a new Prius owner. Thanks to all for your questions and comments with this discussion group. It has really made my purchase more informed and helped greatly to get the most from the car. I was very surprised when taking my kids for a first ride over an 8 mile hilly road that I achieved an impressive 60 miles per gallon! I didn't think that was possible. I used the gas engine to get me up to speed and then let off the accelerator and feathered in the gas just enough for the electric motor to keep me going. It was awesome! This car is certainly worth the wait so all you folks on the lists; keep the faith cause you may be surpised and get a call like I did stating your car is on it's way. :D

·
Registered
397 Posts
runeridr said:
I am happy to say that I too am a new Prius owner. Thanks to all for your questions and comments with this discussion group. It has really made my purchase more informed and helped greatly to get the most from the car. I was very surprised when taking my kids for a first ride over an 8 mile hilly road that I achieved an impressive 60 miles per gallon! I didn't think that was possible. I used the gas engine to get me up to speed and then let off the accelerator and feathered in the gas just enough for the electric motor to keep me going. It was awesome! This car is certainly worth the wait so all you folks on the lists; keep the faith cause you may be surpised and get a call like I did stating your car is on it's way. :D
runeridr,
Congratulations! My MPG over 3500 miles is 44.8. This includes real-world driving: short trips to the store, some daily commutes, weekend getaways, etc. I think this is fairly standard and, in time, you'll probably find your mileage is similar. Still, I am always amazed when some particular combination of speed, distance, hills--whatever--results in noticeably higher numbers. It's great! One day I, after stopping to fill up, I averaged 80+ MPG over the next 15-20 miles.
Drive happy,
Moo :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts