Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I still do not have a Prius, but I am getting one in the near future. I wanted to know your thoughts on the interior color. I have always had a black interior and I really am not too happy with all the dirt it shows, etc. I had my heart set on the tan color but I was thinking that it might show more dirt over the long term. What is your guys thoughts on this?

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
The fabric cleans easily, so you can factor that in your choice of color. Only two factory fabric options: tan and gray. The gray is matched only with a limited set of outside colors.

·
Registered
736 Posts
interior color

I applied Scotchguard to my seats and carpeting when I first got the car. I now have almost two years and 52,000 miles worth of use, and have no stains or dirt showing. The only time I have to use an upholstery cleaner is sometimes after the car has been serviced, and the tech or other dealer worker has gotten the seat or armrest dirty. I have Weathertech floor mats and also keep a folded towel on the passenger seat when by myself, as I tend to put a newspaper, etc, on that seat. Hint: don't put heavy items there, because if you were to be in an accident, the passenger airbag could deploy when it wouldn't be needed, adding to the costs of repair.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Do you know for a fact that the passenger airbag does not deploy if the seat sensor doesn't sense an occupant? From what I can tell from a technical investigation is that the seat sensor is only for the tattle-tale passenger seatbelt warning.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Prius is my first car to have the interior I wanted--ivory. My family knows they'll have to deal with an angry nag if they are careless with feet, hands or food. So far so good. I haven't driven through a slushy winter yet, so I hope I'm just as pleased in the next 6 months.

·
Registered
736 Posts
interior color

DanMan32 said:
Do you know for a fact that the passenger airbag does not deploy if the seat sensor doesn't sense an occupant? From what I can tell from a technical investigation is that the seat sensor is only for the tattle-tale passenger seatbelt warning.
Dan,
Thanks, I did not know that. I thought that I had read here somewhere that if that passenger seat belt warning was lit, the airbag was "live." I count on you technically savvy guys to wade through all the complicated stuff and put it in plain English for the rest of us. Keep up the good work!
Roger

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Well, you could be right. I tried to word my response to reflect that the tech manuals don't suggest what you say, since the switch doesn't connect to the airbag ECU, but they don't clearly say one way or the other. It is possible the airbag ECU gets the passenger seat status through the networks.

Anybody see a car that's been in a crash where the airbags deployed < :cry: Shudder :cry: > where the passenger seat was known to not be occupied?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts